Monday, May 9, 2011

Concluding Thoughts

What I have learned through my experience of in-depth gameplay is thatall games are different no matter hoe closely related their genres are.Throught the game I have played, the majority being of the racing genre, I have noticed that the majority of the games have the same controls and basic ideas but each has its own special features which introduce new challenges and levels in the gamers experience. Also this assignment has helped me to over see the basics of a game and really enjoy the games for it diffferences and uniquness.

While playing these video games, I believe it was time well spent as i would normally play video games anyways but the idea of talking about the games themselve allowed me to express my true thoughts about the game which lead me to the opinion whether I would choose if a game was good or not. Also I believe that by doing this assignment it allowed not only me but my peers to truly analyze certain video game in specific and have certain arguments on what the better strategy is in the game and who plays it better.

Finally, after seeing all of these different video games, I believe that it would be possible to program a game with the similar aspects but it would be a very simplistic program of the game because by using scratch, only certain variables and dimensions of coding can be created and the time it takes for a group of people within a corporation to create such detailed games would take me years and years to create with little experience on this subject. Overall, I would be able to create a game with a simple concept and by playing many different video games I have been introduced to the knowledge of how to create some games I wouldn't have known how to until playing a few games from that genre. This assignment truly made me aware of the possibilities of games I could incorperate into my ISU which is very helpful for when I go to create such a game.

No comments:

Post a Comment